San Francisco - Finance and Operations Associate
The Finance and Operations Associate is responsible for providing support to our Finance group. The position will offer experience in all aspects of accounting and finance including budgeting, reporting, payment processing and operations support.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. We value and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as an organization--in theory and in practice, and our culture reflects that value and commitment. We are committed to furthering issues like climate change, health care, and immigration from a progressive perspective, and we seek to engage the public in these areas as well as others. We also recognize the urgency of confronting institutional racism and inequity within our political system and strive to make positive changes within our system as a result.
- Work together with management in the creation of the annual budget.
- Assist in providing regular variance reporting to management.
- Analyze previous and current operations data to produce forecasts.
- Assist with day to day financial operations including processing invoices, tracking expenditures, providing allocations support.
- Review and process invoices and reimbursement requests for field operations.
- Collaborate with internal and external personnel for the purpose of implementing and/or maintaining programs and reporting expenditures.
- Provide support in writing and explaining policy and procedures.
- Provide financial support as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree
- Background in or knowledge of finance and accounting
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
- Strong excel and Microsoft office skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to work long hours, when necessary
- Experience with QuickBooks highly desired
- A good sense of humor and the ability to be flexible
NextGen America offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a very comprehensive
ABOUT NEXTGEN AMERICA:
NextGen America acts politically to prevent climate disaster, promote prosperity, and protect the fundamental rights of every American. Since our founding as NextGen Climate in 2013, we’ve worked to fight climate change by advancing the transition to a clean energy economy. We’ve supported candidates who support climate action. We’ve fought to halt the Keystone XL pipeline and registered more than 1 million voters nationwide. Now, the same values that drive our work on climate are under unprecedented attack from all directions. We’re proud to step up the fight for immigrant rights, affordable health care, prosperity, and equality.