San Francisco - Payroll and Benefits Administrator
NextGen America is currently seeking a Payroll and Benefits Administrator to support our growing team as we scale up to turn out the youth vote in the 2020 election. This position will be responsible for full-cycle payroll and benefits administration for a national organization based in 12 states. The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail, strong work ethic, ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment and have a passion for advancing progressive issues through the political process.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. We value and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as an organization--in theory and in practice, and our culture reflects that value and commitment. We are committed to furthering issues including climate change, health care, and immigration from a progressive perspective, and we seek to engage the public in these and other areas. We also recognize the urgency of confronting institutional racism and inequity within our political system and strive to make positive changes within our system as a result.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process multi-state semi-monthly (and off-cycle) payroll for staff
- Process time cards, track adjustments, reconcile vacation accruals
- Reconcile payroll-related general ledger accounts, benefit accounts and tax returns
- Assists in employee onboarding and offboarding processes including drafting offer letters, collect payroll forms, benefits enrollment, coordinate tech and accounts setup
- Manage employee medical and disability leaves and workers comp claims
- Maintain accurate records in HRIS and payroll systems
- Field staff questions regarding payroll and benefits
- Prepare reports as needed
- Assist in annual financial and workers comp premium audits
- Assist in preparation and review of quarterly and annual filings such as W2, Form 941, 1095-C, Form 5500 and SUI returns
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of federal, state and local payroll tax regulations
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
- Working knowledge of payroll system such as Paychex, ADP, UltiPro, Paycom, etc.
- Ability to problem-solve and work independently with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to use discretion, maintain confidentiality and make sound judgments
- Tact and professionalism in handling assignments involving work of a confidential nature
- Detail-oriented with the ability to produce high-quality work under tight deadlines
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Creative and flexible; proven team player
NextGen America offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a very comprehensive benefits package.
ABOUT NEXTGEN AMERICA:
NextGen America acts politically to prevent climate disaster, promote prosperity, and protect the fundamental rights of every American. Since our founding as NextGen Climate in 2013, we’ve worked to fight climate change by advancing the transition to a clean energy economy. We’ve supported candidates who support climate action. We’ve fought to halt the Keystone XL pipeline and registered more than 1 million voters nationwide. Now, the same values that drive our work on climate are under unprecedented attack from all directions. We’re proud to step up the fight for immigrant rights, affordable health care, prosperity, and equality.