San Francisco - Digital Associate
NextGen America is currently seeking a creative, self-starting Digital Associate to develop and execute winning online campaigns. This person will work with the team to engage and grow the #youthvote email and sms community to advance our organizing and electoral priorities. We are looking for someone who wants to connect powerful organizing and campaigning with digital tools and technology to help kick Trump out of the White House, take back the Senate from Republicans, and elect progressives up and down the ballot.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. We value and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as an organization--in theory and in practice, and our culture reflects that value and commitment. We are committed to furthering issues like climate change, health care, and immigration from a progressive perspective, and we seek to engage the public in these areas as well as others. We also recognize the urgency of confronting institutional racism and inequity within our political system and strive to make positive changes within our system as a result.
- Serve as digital writer and producer for NextGen America’s email program, drafting copy for emails, web pages and collateral for online campaigns.
- Write, edit and curate content for social media properties.
- Assist in the management of grassroots campaigns from conception to design, execution and analysis.
- Produce and checklist large email campaigns and “daisy chain” action pages.
- Work with staff in target states to develop compelling, state-specific content.
- Produce reports on digital activity and results to NextGen America teams.
- Maintain an understanding of the emerging trends in social media and digital storytelling and utilize them effectively.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 1-3 years of communications or digital work for political campaigns, nonprofit advocacy groups or marketing.
- Superior writing skills.
- Exceptional writing, copyediting and proofreading skills.
- The candidate must have excellent organizational skills, and demonstrate a clear ability to adapt rapidly to evolving priorities and deadlines.
- S/he must have a strong work ethic and demonstrate consistent attention to detail.
- Love working in a dynamic team environment.
- Be a positive, unselfish team player that sets the tone for everyone to do their best work.
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Proficiency with advocacy CRM tools such as Blue State Digital, NGPVAN, Convio or Salsa.
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS for email and landing pages.
- Familiarity with graphics and editing tools like the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with reporting and analytics tools including Google Analytics, Omniture, Facebook Analytics, etc.
NextGen America offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a very comprehensive benefits package. The salary range for this position is $55k - $65k annually.
NextGen America is an equal opportunity employer.
ABOUT NEXTGEN AMERICA:
NextGen America mobilizes young people to vote in crucial elections to make progress on the issues facing our generation. Since our founding as NextGen Climate in 2013, we’ve worked to fight climate change by supporting candidates who back climate action. With the values that drive our work on climate under attack from all directions, we’re proud to step up the fight for immigrant rights, affordable health care, prosperity, and equality. We've registered more than one million young voters nationwide and ran the largest youth vote mobilization program in the country in 2018. We're going even bigger and bolder to drive record young voter turnout for elections in 2020.