Maine - State Data Director
NextGen America is seeking a detail-oriented Data Director to join our team in Maine through the 2020 election. The Data Director will oversee the data program in Maine, working closely with and supported by the national data team. Responsibilities include providing field staff training, support with data systems and processes, and reporting and analysis. Ability to collaborate across departments, including digital, press, and operations, is essential. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys solving problems, is good at explaining concepts to audiences with little to no context, and can juggle multiple tasks at once. This position is based in Portland and reports to the Maine State Director.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. We value and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as an organization--in theory and in practice, and our culture reflects that value and commitment. We are committed to furthering issues like climate change, health care, and immigration from a progressive perspective, and we seek to engage the public in these areas as well as others. We also recognize the urgency of confronting institutional racism and inequity within our political system, and strive to make positive changes within our system as a result.
- Manage and administer VAN to track volunteer and voter data
- Work with multiple data sets and tools to streamline field efforts
- Track program progress to goals
- Coordinate with in-state leadership and national staff to identify and resolve issues early
- Provide hands-on and remote training and support to field team on data processes
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE WOULD POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALITIES:
- At least one cycle of campaign experience
- Curiosity and a willingness to learn both technical and non-technical skills
- A strong worth ethic
- Solid analytical reasoning and high attention to detail
- Can adapt rapidly to evolving priorities and deadlines
- Familiarity with VAN or a similar CRM
- Advanced Excel/ Sheets proficiency
- Bonus for experience with any of the following:
- Mid to high level VAN experience
- Competency in SQL or other relational database
- GIS, data visualization, or mapping experience
- Experience with political data, modeling, and experiments
- Experience with scripting and automation
- Familiarity with statistical programming languages like Stata, R, Python
NextGen America offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a very comprehensive benefits package.
ABOUT NEXTGEN AMERICA:
NextGen America mobilizes young people to vote in crucial elections to make progress on the issues facing our generation. Since our founding as NextGen Climate in 2013, we’ve worked to fight climate change by supporting candidates who back climate action. With the values that drive our work on climate under attack from all directions, we’re proud to step up the fight for immigrant rights, affordable health care, prosperity, and equality. We've registered more than one million young voters nationwide and ran the largest youth vote mobilization program in the country in 2018. We're going even bigger and bolder to drive record young voter turnout for elections in 2020.