San Francisco - Technology Operations Intern
NextGen America is currently seeking a Technology Operations Intern within the Tech Team to work in our San Francisco office for Spring 2020. College students or recent graduates with political campaign experience are particularly encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate will be excited to learn about IT operations in the political field. You will be exposed to hardware deployment, basic software troubleshooting, account management, and IT operations coordination. A passion for providing a great customer experience is critical.
This role will report to the Director of Information Technology and will participate in day to day IT Operations in a predominantly Mac environment while learning to work with our stack of cloud centric business applications: primarily G-Suite (Google Apps), Asana, Slack, and Zoom.
We are seeking a candidate who is available full time (Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM) and the position is available immediately.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. We value and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as an organization--in theory and in practice, and our culture reflects that value and commitment. We are committed to furthering issues like climate change, health care, and immigration from a progressive perspective, and we seek to engage the public in these areas as well as others. We also recognize the urgency of confronting institutional racism and inequity within our political system and strive to make positive changes within our system as a result.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- This position will provide exposure to a progressive enterprise class environment as well as the nation’s largest youth voter registration organization
- The NextGen America Tech Team plays a critical role in the success of our national field program. As part of this team, you’ll be helping us make a difference in the 2020 political cycle.
- NextGen America offers competitive pay
- Assist in account management tasks for a staff of 500 users
- Support the tech team on administrative tasks and scheduling
- Update and maintain the inventory of materials across all states
- Other projects as assigned and commensurate with the candidate's experience
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- Current college seniors or recent graduates
- Proficiency in G-Suite (Google Apps) applications (Particularly Google Sheets)
- Strong desire to obtain new skills and exposure to working in a professional environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to produce high-quality work under tight deadlines
- Creative and flexible
- Excellent team player
- Passion for taking political action to elect a progressive candidate into the presidency through the #youthvote.
This will be a full time, paid position for ten (10) weeks during the summer of 2020.
ABOUT NEXTGEN AMERICA:
NextGen America mobilizes young people to vote in crucial elections to make progress on the issues facing our generation. Since our founding as NextGen Climate in 2013, we’ve worked to fight climate change by supporting candidates who back climate action. With the values that drive our work on climate under attack from all directions, we’re proud to step up the fight for immigrant rights, affordable health care, prosperity, and equality. We've registered more than one million young voters nationwide and ran the largest youth vote mobilization program in the country in 2018. We're going even bigger and bolder to drive record young voter turnout for elections in 2020.