Pennsylvania - State Digital Director
NextGen America seeks state digital directors to grow and scale the impact of our state field programs. State Digital Directors will report to the State Director or State Organizing Director and coordinate regularly with HQ’s Digital Organizing Director and Digital Communications Director. The State Digital Directors, while coordinating with HQ’s digital departments, will lead the state’s digital strategy including email, text and social media in support of the state’s organizing goals.
The strongest candidate for this position will have a passion for how to connect people online to a call to action that will help kick Trump out of the White House, take back the Senate from Republicans and elect progressives up and down the ballot.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. We value and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as an organization--in theory and in practice, and our culture reflects that value and commitment. We are committed to furthering issues like climate change, health care, and immigration from a progressive perspective, and we seek to engage the public in these areas as well as others. We also recognize the urgency of confronting institutional racism and inequity within our political system and strive to make positive changes within our system as a result.
- Create digital organizing strategy including email, text and social media that reflects the organizing and communications goals of NextGen’s state programs.
- Write and produce content for online actions under tight deadlines, including drafting copy for emails, landing pages, social media, and related collateral as needed.
- Oversee approval process, quality assurance, and execution of in-state email, SMS, and content program, working with the appropriate state and HQ team members.
- Maintain and grow the state’s Facebook page and other digital properties.
- Training other members of the team: voters, organizers, staff, and volunteers on best practices for social media and to improve their own social media usage.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- At least 1 cycle of field or digital experience on an electoral campaign preferred. Exceptional writing, copyediting and proofreading skills.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills, and demonstrate a clear ability to adapt rapidly to evolving priorities and deadlines.
- CRM experience a must (Blue State Digital, Watson Campaign Automation/Silverpop, ActionKit, ActBlue, Mailchimp, or similar) and EveryAction experience preferred.
- Familiarity with basic HTML and CSS for email and landing pages.
- Must have a strong work ethic and demonstrate consistent attention to detail.
- Love working in a dynamic team environment.
- Be a positive, unselfish team player that sets the tone for everyone to do their best work.
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Video or photography filming and editing experience
- Experience with reporting and analytics tools including Google Analytics, Omniture, Facebook Analytics, etc
- Experience with field organizing, electoral campaigns and social justice organizing.
ABOUT NEXTGEN AMERICA:
NextGen America mobilizes young people to vote in crucial elections to make progress on the issues facing our generation. Since our founding as NextGen Climate in 2013, we’ve worked to fight climate change by supporting candidates who back climate action. With the values that drive our work on climate under attack from all directions, we’re proud to step up the fight for immigrant rights, affordable health care, prosperity, and equality. We've registered more than one million young voters nationwide and ran the largest youth vote mobilization program in the country in 2018. We're going even bigger and bolder to drive record young voter turnout for elections in 2020.