San Francisco - Distributed Organizing Manager/Associate
NextGen America is currently seeking a creative, self-starting organizers to join our Distributed Organizing team. The distributed organizing team will work to build and grow strong digital communities to register young people to vote and mobilize them to kick Trump out of the White House, take back the Senate from Republicans, and elect progressives up and down the ballot. We are looking for organizers to spread the #YouthVote across digital networks, recruit folks online into strong volunteer networks and lead volunteer teams in direct voter contact using peer-to-peer (P2P) texting, phone banks/predictive dialers and other distributed tools.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. We value and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as an organization--in theory and in practice, and our culture reflects that value and commitment. We are committed to furthering issues like climate change, health care, and immigration from a progressive perspective, and we seek to engage the public in these areas as well as others. We also recognize the urgency of confronting institutional racism and inequity within our political system, and strive to make positive changes within our system as a result.
- Manage a values-driven and data-informed distributed organizing program with a team that will recruit, train and organize remote volunteers to hit voter contact and mobilization goals in key 2020 races and states.
- Run regular P2P campaigns including data request, drafting, QA process, campaign launch, debrief and clean up.
- Draft and edit training guides, memos, templates and toolkits to support volunteers’ direct voter contact over email, phone, text, slack and other platforms.
- Pull regular data metrics and write regular progress qualitative and quantitative reports on impact of direct voter contact.
- Be a digital community manager and administrator.
- Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Experience in either field or digital positions on political campaigns, training volunteers, OR have managed and grown active online communities.
- Exceptional writing, copyediting and proofreading skills.
- The candidate must have excellent organizational skills, and demonstrate a clear ability to adapt rapidly to evolving priorities and deadlines.
- They must have a strong work ethic and demonstrate consistent attention to detail.
- Love working in a dynamic team environment.
- Be a positive, unselfish team player that sets the tone for everyone to do their best work.
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Experience growing and managing digital volunteer teams.
- Proficiency with advocacy CRM tools such as Blue State Digital, NGPVAN, Convio or Salsa.
- Experience with reporting and analytics tools including Google Analytics, Omniture, Facebook Analytics, etc.
- Familiarity administering and managing peer-to-peer texting campaigns on platforms such as Hustle, ThruText (formerly Relay), Spoke or other.
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS for email and landing pages.
- Familiarity with graphics and editing tools like the Adobe Creative Suite.
NextGen America offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a very comprehensive benefits package.
ABOUT NEXTGEN AMERICA:
NextGen America mobilizes young people to vote in crucial elections to make progress on the issues facing our generation. Since our founding as NextGen Climate in 2013, we’ve worked to fight climate change by supporting candidates who back climate action. With the values that drive our work on climate under attack from all directions, we’re proud to step up the fight for immigrant rights, affordable health care, prosperity, and equality. We've registered more than one million young voters nationwide and ran the largest youth vote mobilization program in the country in 2018. We're going even bigger and bolder to drive record young voter turnout for elections in 2020.