San Francisco - Distributed Organizing Director
NextGen America is seeking a creative, digital-native Distributed Organizing Director to build and grow strong digital communities to register young people to vote and mobilize them to kick Trump out of the White House, take back the Senate from Republicans, and elect progressives up and down the ballot. We are looking for strategists and strong managers to spread the #YouthVote across digital networks, recruit folks online into strong volunteer networks and lead volunteer teams in direct voter contact using peer-to-peer (P2P) texting, phone banks/predictive dialers and other distributed tools.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. We value and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as an organization--in theory and in practice, and our culture reflects that value and commitment. We are committed to furthering issues like climate change, health care, and immigration from a progressive perspective, and we seek to engage the public in these areas as well as others. We also recognize the urgency of confronting institutional racism and inequity within our political system, and strive to make positive changes within our system as a result.
- Build the distributed organizing strategy and plan with support from the Digital Organizing Department, Digital Organizing Director and other NextGen stakeholders.
- Manage a values-driven and data-informed distributed organizing team to recruit, train and organize remote volunteers to hit voter contact and mobilization goals in key 2020 races and states.
- Run regular P2P campaigns including data request, drafting, QA process, campaign launch, debrief and clean up.
- Facilitate and design systems of volunteer training, communications and management via email, phone, slack and other platforms.
- Work with NextGen America teams to identify and implement earned media and voter contact programs with progressive partners.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- At least 1-2 cycles of experience in political campaigns in field or digital positions.
- At least 1 year experience in managing staff or full-time volunteers, interns or fellows.
- Proficiency with advocacy CRM tools such as Blue State Digital, NGPVAN, Convio or Salsa.
- Exceptional writing, copyediting and proofreading skills.
- The candidate must have excellent organizational skills, and demonstrate a clear ability to adapt rapidly to evolving priorities and deadlines.
- S/he must have a strong work ethic and demonstrate consistent attention to detail.
- Love working in a dynamic team environment.
- Be a positive, unselfish team player that sets the tone for everyone to do their best work.
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Experience growing and managing digital volunteer teams.
- Experience with reporting and analytics tools including Google Analytics, Omniture, Facebook Analytics, etc.
- Familiarity administering and managing peer-to-peer texting campaigns on platforms such as Hustle, ThruText (formerly Relay), Spoke or other.
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS for email and landing pages.
- Familiarity with graphics and editing tools like the Adobe Creative Suite.
NextGen America offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a very comprehensive benefits package.
ABOUT NEXTGEN AMERICA:
NextGen America acts politically to prevent climate disaster, promote prosperity, and protect the fundamental rights of every American. Since our founding as NextGen Climate in 2013, we’ve worked to fight climate change by advancing the transition to a clean energy economy. We’ve supported candidates who support climate action. We’ve fought to halt the Keystone XL pipeline and registered more than 1 million voters nationwide. Now, the same values that drive our work on climate are under unprecedented attack from all directions. We’re proud to step up the fight for immigrant rights, affordable health care, prosperity, and equality.