Florida - Regional Organizing Director
NextGen America is seeking passionate and hardworking candidates to join our youth organizing program in Florida, working to engage young people in electoral politics by electing Democrats up and down the ballot in 2020. NextGen is committed to flipping the White House, the Senate, and state legislatures across the country in 2020. This role will be focused on organizing in one of several regions in Florida as part of this ambitious effort.
In Florida, this effort will focus on organizing young people on campuses and the surrounding communities to bring progressive change to government through the ballot box. Our work will engage young voters in voter registration efforts, volunteer recruitment, and pledging young voters to vote. Our 2020 electoral program will include traditional electoral organizing tactics such as door knocking, phone banking, peer-to-peer text banking, and more. Regional Organizing Directors are directly responsible for managing a team of organizers in their region to hit weekly and phase metric goals.
This role reports to the Organizing Director in Florida.
- Recruit and train organizers to organize effectively and efficiently on their campuses, online, and in their communities
- Train and execute a thoughtful Relational Voter Program in their region
- Hold organizers to meaningful digital organizing goals including social media, direct outreach online, and creative tactics to reach voters where they are
- Manage organizers to hit their goals
- Promote and execute events worthy of press and media, including virtual events
- Develop relationships and partnerships with local community, student groups, and campus administrations in order to hit goals
- Execute campaign plans and effective organizing tactics including traditional grassroots voter contact coupled with creative earned media actions, as well as event planning and turnout
- Meet all data and field reporting deadlines
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Experience organizing and managing organizers, volunteers, and fellows
- Driven with a strong work ethic
- Effective communication in a digital and largely online environment
- Weekend and irregular work hours required
- Ability to adapt to evolving priorities and manage several tasks simultaneously
- Very well organized; excellent written, verbal and presentation communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues and outside organizations and multi-task without sacrificing quality of work
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to foster a cooperative, team-oriented work environment
- Experience working with VAN or Votebuilder
- Experience with electoral organizing
- Experience organizing in communities of color
Bonus points for:
- Previous student, youth, or campus organizing experience
- Experience with EveryAction
- Prior training in anti-oppression, equity and inclusion organizing
Salary of $4,762.50/month plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Employees in this classification are represented by the Campaign Workers Guild and subject to the terms of a collective bargaining agreement. This bargaining unit may establish and collect dues from their members independent from NextGen America.
ABOUT NEXTGEN AMERICA:
NextGen America acts politically to prevent climate disaster, promote prosperity, and protect the fundamental rights of every American. Since our founding as NextGen Climate in 2013, we’ve worked to fight climate change by advancing the transition to a clean energy economy. We’ve supported candidates who support climate action. We’ve fought to halt the Keystone XL pipeline and registered more than 1 million voters nationwide. Now, the same values that drive our work on climate are under unprecedented attack from all directions. We’re proud to step up the fight for immigrant rights, affordable health care, prosperity, and equality.
NextGen America is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.