San Francisco - Social Media Associate
NextGen America is currently seeking a creative, self-starting Social Media Associate to develop and execute winning social media content. This person will work with the team to engage and grow our online presence to advance our organizing and electoral priorities. We are looking for someone who wants to create powerful digital content and copy to help kick Trump out of the White House, take back the Senate from Republicans, and elect progressives up and down the ballot.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. We value and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as an organization--in theory and in practice, and our culture reflects that value and commitment. We are committed to furthering issues like climate change, health care, and immigration from a progressive perspective, and we seek to engage the public in these areas as well as others. We also recognize the urgency of confronting institutional racism and inequity within our political system and strive to make positive changes within our system as a result.
- Serve as a copywriter for NextGen America’s national social media program, drafting copy for daily outbound, digital AD components, and online campaigns.
- Write, edit and curate content for social media properties including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Tiktok
- Assist in the contention creation for grassroots campaigns from conception to design, execution, and analysis.
- Produce reports on social media activity and metrics.
- Maintain an understanding of the emerging trends in social media and digital storytelling and utilize them effectively.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- At least one year of digital communications or digital content or social media work for political campaigns, nonprofit advocacy groups or marketing.
- Superior writing skills.
- Exceptional writing, copyediting, and proofreading skills.
- The candidate must be comfortable working independently, have excellent organizational skills, and demonstrate a clear ability to adapt rapidly to evolving priorities and deadlines.
- Must have a strong work ethic and demonstrate consistent attention to detail.
- Love working in a dynamic team environment.
- Be a positive, unselfish team player that sets the tone for everyone to do their best work.
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Proficiency in graphic design/editing tools like the Adobe Creative Suite or Canva.
- Experience with reporting and analytics tools including Sprout Social, Hootsuite, Twitter Analytics, Facebook Analytics, etc.
NextGen America offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a very comprehensive benefits package.
ABOUT NEXTGEN AMERICA:
NextGen America acts politically to prevent climate disaster, promote prosperity, and protect the fundamental rights of every American. Since our founding as NextGen Climate in 2013, we’ve worked to fight climate change by advancing the transition to a clean energy economy. We’ve supported candidates who support climate action. We’ve fought to halt the Keystone XL pipeline and registered more than 1 million voters nationwide. Now, the same values that drive our work on climate are under unprecedented attack from all directions. We’re proud to step up the fight for immigrant rights, affordable health care, prosperity, and equality.