San Francisco - Rapid Response Producer/Editor
NextGen America is dedicated to producing high-quality video content for both online and broadcast use. Candidate must be a talented jane or jack-of-all-trades. Technical responsibilities include concepting videos, scripting, lighting, sound, shooting, editing, graphics, mixing, and delivery on rapid response timelines as short as half a day. The ability to multitask simultaneous video campaigns in a fast-paced environment is essential for this position. Troubleshooting skills are a must. There will also be a heavy dose of photography for digital and social assets.
- Propose new video concepts on rapid response timelines
- Produce storyboards and scripts for approval prior to shooting
- Source footage and assets when unable to shoot in a timely manner
- Shoot and edit video and photo content
- Create stunning motion graphics / VFX
- Archive and organize existing footage
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 3+ years experience in a relevant role
- Strong lighting and cinematography skills
- Expert-level skill with Adobe Creative Cloud, including Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects and Audition
- Ability to capture big moments in politics and turn around a script and an edit within half a day after a big political moment
- Strong organizational, communication, and troubleshooting skills
- Passion for building a more progressive future
NextGen America offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a very comprehensive benefits package.
ABOUT NEXTGEN AMERICA:
NextGen America acts politically to prevent climate disaster, promote prosperity, and protect the fundamental rights of every American. Since our founding as NextGen Climate in 2013, we’ve worked to fight climate change by advancing the transition to a clean energy economy. We’ve supported candidates who support climate action. We’ve fought to halt the Keystone XL pipeline and registered more than 1 million voters nationwide. Now, the same values that drive our work on climate are under unprecedented attack from all directions. We’re proud to step up the fight for immigrant rights, affordable health care, prosperity, and equality.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. We value and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as an organization--in theory and in practice, and our culture reflects that value and commitment. We are committed to furthering issues like climate change, health care, and immigration from a progressive perspective, and we seek to engage the public in these areas as well as others. We also recognize the urgency of confronting institutional racism and inequity within our political system, and strive to make positive changes within our system as a result.
A NOTE ON COVID19:
During these uncertain times, our organization’s largest priority is the health, safety, and wellbeing of our staff. As a result our entire staff is currently working remotely, all of our offices are closed, and our organizing staff has temporarily transitioned away from field work. We have updated relevant job descriptions to reflect our current focus on digital organizing while we follow social distancing guidelines. Please note job duties and the current work from home policy are subject to change as we continue to adjust our program based on the developments of the COVD19 pandemic.