San Francisco - Data Associate
NextGen America is seeking a Data Associate to join our team in San Francisco through the 2020 election. The Data Associate will assist the national data team with cross-departmental projects as well as data support for our 11 state teams. Duties include responding to reporting needs, universe and list management, training staff on data processes and tools, and administration of VAN, peer to peer texting, and event signup tools. Ability to collaborate across departments, including field, digital, and press, is essential. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys solving problems, has high attention to detail and the drive to dig deeply into data sets to ensure accuracy of reports, and can juggle multiple tasks at once. This position reports to the Data & Analytics Director. Remote candidates are encouraged to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. We value and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as an organization--in theory and in practice, and our culture reflects that value and commitment. We are committed to furthering issues like climate change, health care, and immigration from a progressive perspective, and we seek to engage the public in these areas as well as others. We also recognize the urgency of confronting institutional racism and inequity within our political system and strive to make positive changes within our system as a result.
- Assist with VAN management and administration to track volunteer and voter data
- Administer staff and volunteer texting campaigns
- Provide remote training on tools and data processes
- Create, update, and improve documentation and training materials
- Assist with rapid response reporting on organizing program health, metrics for external communications, and more
- Build field and digital organizing reports; quality check existing reports
- Perform research in areas including past election data, voting laws, and availability of voter data sets
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE WOULD POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALITIES:
- Advanced Excel/ Sheets proficiency
- Experience administering VAN or a similar CRM
- Prefer at least one cycle of campaign experience or experience with political data but not required
- Curiosity and a willingness to learn both technical and non-technical skills
- A strong worth ethic
- Solid analytical reasoning and methods and high attention to detail
- Can adapt rapidly to evolving priorities and deadlines
- Experience with any of the following is a plus:
- Mid to high level VAN experience
- Competency in SQL or other relational database
- GIS, data visualization, or mapping experience
- Experience with political data, modeling, and experiments
- Experience with scripting and automation
- Familiarity with statistical programming languages like Stata, R, Python
NextGen America offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a very comprehensive benefits package.
ABOUT NEXTGEN AMERICA:
NextGen America acts politically to prevent climate disaster, promote prosperity, and protect the fundamental rights of every American. Since our founding as NextGen Climate in 2013, we’ve worked to fight climate change by advancing the transition to a clean energy economy. We’ve supported candidates who support climate action. We’ve fought to halt the Keystone XL pipeline and registered more than 1 million voters nationwide. Now, the same values that drive our work on climate are under unprecedented attack from all directions. We’re proud to step up the fight for immigrant rights, affordable health care, prosperity, and equality.
A NOTE ON COVID19:
During these uncertain times, our organization’s largest priority is the health, safety, and wellbeing of our staff. As a result our entire staff is currently working remotely, all of our offices are closed, and our organizing staff has temporarily transitioned away from field work. We have updated relevant job descriptions to reflect our current focus on digital organizing while we follow social distancing guidelines. Please note job duties and the current work from home policy are subject to change as we continue to adjust our program based on the developments of the COVD19 pandemic.