San Francisco - National Black Youth Vote Manager
NextGen America seeks a National Black Youth Vote Manager to help lead NextGen’s efforts to register and turnout young Black voters across eleven battleground states in 2020.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. We value and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as an organization--in theory and in practice, and our culture reflects that value and commitment. We are committed to furthering issues like climate change, health care, and immigration from a progressive perspective, and we seek to engage the public in these areas as well as others. We also recognize the urgency of confronting institutional racism and inequity within our political system, and strive to make positive changes within our system as a result
- Develop comprehensive training and materials to support NextGen America organizers in states as they work to register and turnout young Black voters. Potential topics include:
- Organizing HBCUs
- Organizing Black online neighborhoods
- Messaging to young Black Americans about the election.
- Consult with state leadership as they determine how to incorporate Black organizing into their summer and fall plans. Provide recommendations on ways to maximize budget to register and turn out young Black voters.
- Represent NextGen America in conversations with Black-led partner organizations working to turn out young voters. Build deeper relationships with partner organizations.
- Identify partnership opportunities around co-hosted events, calls-to-action, research and more.
- Collaborate with NextGen America’s Black Engagement working group, consisting of Black staff from across NextGen’s states and HQ teams.
- Liaise between Black Engagement working group and NGA National on messaging and organizing priorities
- Work cross-departmentally to create talking points, messaging guidance, literature, campaign swag, sub-branding, and creative content that will specifically target young Black voters.
- Bottomlining national events focused on Black youth organizing
- Working with press team to make sure the Black youth perspective is represented in the narrative surrounding the election. Act as a public spokesperson for the organization regarding Black youth and the election.
- At least two cycles of campaign experience in organizing, digital, communications, training, or other work.
- Previous experience managing or directing youth organizing programs
- Ability to build and manage relationships across departments.
NextGen America offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a very comprehensive benefits package.
ABOUT NEXTGEN AMERICA:
NextGen America acts politically to prevent climate disaster, promote prosperity, and protect the fundamental rights of every American. Since our founding as NextGen Climate in 2013, we’ve worked to fight climate change by advancing the transition to a clean energy economy. We’ve supported candidates who support climate action. We’ve fought to halt the Keystone XL pipeline and registered more than 1 million voters nationwide. Now, the same values that drive our work on climate are under unprecedented attack from all directions. We’re proud to step up the fight for immigrant rights, affordable health care, prosperity, and equality.
A NOTE ON COVID19:
During these uncertain times, our organization’s largest priority is the health, safety, and wellbeing of our staff. As a result our entire staff is currently working remotely, all of our offices are closed, and our organizing staff has temporarily transitioned away from field work. We have updated relevant job descriptions to reflect our current focus on digital organizing while we follow social distancing guidelines. Please note job duties and the current work from home policy are subject to change as we continue to adjust our program based on the developments of the COVD19 pandemic.