National - Distributed Organizing Fellowship
NextGen America is currently seeking a creative, self-starting organizers to join our Distributed Organizing team. The distributed organizing team will work to build and grow strong digital communities to register young people to vote and mobilize them to kick Trump out of the White House, take back the Senate from Republicans, and elect progressives up and down the ballot. We are looking for organizers to spread the #YouthVote across digital networks, recruit folks online into strong volunteer networks and lead volunteer teams in direct voter contact using peer-to-peer (P2P) texting, phone banks/predictive dialers and other distributed tools.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. We value and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as an organization--in theory and in practice, and our culture reflects that value and commitment. We are committed to furthering issues like climate change, health care, and immigration from a progressive perspective, and we seek to engage the public in these areas as well as others. We also recognize the urgency of confronting institutional racism and inequity within our political system, and strive to make positive changes within our system as a result.
- Support a values-driven and data-informed distributed organizing program with a team that will recruit, train and organize remote volunteers to hit voter contact and mobilization goals in key 2020 races and states.
- Assisting in managing the volunteer leader teams and maintaining volunteer involvement in our calling and texting programs
- Recruiting, scheduling, and maintaining relationships with volunteers
- Be a digital community manager and administrator.
- Setting up dialer and texting campaigns
- Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Experience working with volunteers (including as a volunteer leader)
- Tech savvy, willing to learn new programs and organizing strategies
- Great work ethic
- Responsive to other people’s needs
- Love working in a dynamic team environment.
- Be a positive, unselfish team player that sets the tone for everyone to do their best work.
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- A strong work ethic and demonstrate consistent attention to detail.
- Experience growing and managing digital volunteer teams.
- Experience training volunteers or other large groups of people
- Proficiency with advocacy CRM tools such as Blue State Digital, NGPVAN, Convio or Salsa.
- Experience with reporting and analytics tools including Google Analytics, Omniture, Facebook Analytics, etc.
- Familiarity administering and managing peer-to-peer texting campaigns on platforms such as Hustle, ThruText (formerly Relay), Spoke or other.
- Familiarity administering and managing phonbanke dialer programs on platforms such as ThruTalk,
NextGen America offers a $16/hr for this position, max 35 hours/week. There is opportunity for part-time 10-15 hrs/week or full-time remote virtual campaign organizing fellowship that will start ASAP until November 3, 2020.
ABOUT NEXTGEN AMERICA:
NextGen America mobilizes young people to vote in crucial elections to make progress on the issues facing our generation. Since our founding as NextGen Climate in 2013, we’ve worked to fight climate change by supporting candidates who back climate action. With the values that drive our work on climate under attack from all directions, we’re proud to step up the fight for immigrant rights, affordable health care, prosperity, and equality. We've registered more than one million young voters nationwide and ran the largest youth vote mobilization program in the country in 2018. We're going even bigger and bolder to drive record young voter turnout for elections in 2020.
A NOTE ON COVID19:
During these uncertain times, our organization’s largest priority is the health, safety, and wellbeing of our staff. As a result our entire staff is currently working remotely, all of our offices are closed, and our organizing staff has temporarily transitioned away from field work. We have updated relevant job descriptions to reflect our current focus on digital organizing while we follow social distancing guidelines. Please note job duties and the current work from home policy are subject to change as we continue to adjust our program based on the developments of the COVD19 pandemic.