Pennsylvania Primary Election Guide
The Pennsylvania Democratic Presidential Primary Election is April 28.
NextGen Pennsylvania is committed to flipping this state back into the blue column and sending all 20 electoral votes to the Democratic presidential nominee.
The deadline to register to vote for the primary is April 13. To register to vote online, click here. To vote in the Democratic primary in Pennsylvania, you must be registered as a member of the Democratic Party.
Option 1: Registered voters can apply for a mail-in ballot online with a valid PA driver’s license or photo I.D. from the PA Department of Transportation (PennDOT).
- Apply Online at VotesPA.com/ApplyMailBallot
Option 2: Registered voters can apply for a Mail-in Ballot by mail.
- Download and print a mail-in ballot application here.
- Send your mail-in ballot application to the county election office.
The deadline to apply for a mail-in ballot is one week before the election.
If your application is accepted, you will get a mail-in ballot with instructions from your county election office.
Find out more information here.
If you are not a first-time voter in Pennsylvania, you do not need to provide ID!
If you are a first-time voter in Pennsylvania, you will be be asked to provide ID, such as:
- Pennsylvania driver’s license or PennDOT ID card
- ID issued by any Commonwealth agency
- ID issued by the U.S. Government
- U.S. passport
- U.S. Armed Forces ID
- Student ID
- Employee ID
If you do not have any of the forms of ID listed above, you can alternatively use one of the following:
- Confirmation issued by the County Voter Registration Office
- Non-photo ID issued by the Commonwealth
- Non-photo ID issued by the U.S. Government
- Firearm permit
- Current utility bill
- Current bank statement
- Current paycheck
- Government check
Pennsylvania has a “closed” primary system. To vote in the Democratic primary in Pennsylvania, you must be registered as a member of the Democratic Party.
Triple Your Impact
Make sure your friends and family are ready to vote too!